Sections are marked and underpinned
HOW MAY WE HELP YOU?
Tremendous value will be added to your home by underpinning and finishing your basement that hadpreviously been unused space. The prices of homes in Oakville and the surrounding areas are on the rise so unusable space becomes a premium – sometimes a necessity. Underpinning gives you the opportunity to unlock new space in your home.It’s the process of reinforcing an existing foundation or digging out the foundation to add ceiling height.
Canada Waterproofers Oakville offers you a free onsite assessment and can underpin your home at an affordable rate. We have all the necessary equipment, manpower, and a highly skilled team that can deliver fast results to make you and your home happy.
CONSIDERING UNDERPINNING YOUR HOME?
If you’ve ever considered having your basement underpinned then it is very important to be sure you get the right answers to the right questions. Underpinning can be very dangerous if done carelessly and incorrectly. Be sure to be well-informed in order to protect yourself.
Ask the technician:
- Are you licensed in your work field?
- Do you have all the correct and required insurances?
- Are drawings and permits necessary?
- Is it a city requirement to inspect your work?
- Do you have references?
If your contractor is able to answers all of these questions to your satisfaction then you are probably safe. Be sure to do your due diligence and ensure the credentials are legitimate before starting any work.
- Once a contractor has been selected (hopefully Canada Waterproofers Oakville!), the first step is to get the drawings done
- We have access to engineers who can assist you with drawings and permits. Contact us for more information
- Canada Waterproofers Oakville can also assist with all your drawing and permit needs if you do not want to get involved with the city
- The average cost of drawings and permits are between $2500-$3500, depending on the size of the project
- That unusable space in the basement that was probably used for storage now becomes a welcoming, finished basement with 8-foot ceiling height, adding square footage and value to your home
STAGES OF UNDERPINNING
- Basement cleared
- Basement demolished
- Transporter installed into window
- Bin arrives for soils
- Concrete floor removed
- Walls are underpinned by sections
- Inspections of all individual sections
- Soil is removed and disposed of
- Interior drains are replaced
- Interior waterproofing installed
- Sump pump installed
- Sewage ejector installed if needed
- Gravel installed
- Vapor barrier installed
- Concrete is poured with trowel finish
- Work areas cleaned
Click here for further information
Proudly serving Oakville for over 25 years