How can we help you?
Scarborough’s housing market is on the rise and square footage is becoming more and more valuable. Many are finding it difficult to afford a new living space. Underpinning can provide your existing home with more square footage. By using this method you can turn that unusable basement into something useful in your home and even increase your homes value.
Be sure to get in contact with us if you have any questions on how to have your Scarborough home underpinned at an affordable price. We have the years in experience required to ensure that your home is safe and spacious. Our employees are trained for these types of jobs and can help you and your Scarborough home.
Are you Considering Having your Home Underpinned?
Underpinning is more complex than most jobs. Be sure to do your research and ensure your ask the right questions so you’re dealing with professionals who know what they’re doing. At a minimum be sure to ask your professional is they are:
- Fully licensed
- Possess all the necessary insurances
- Are drawings and permits required for your project
- Does the city require an inspection after work completion
- Are references available upon request
Main Stages of Underpinning
- The first step is to choose your contractor after doing research and locating a professional, hopefully Canada Waterproofers Scarborough, so that we can focus on the first step; you drawings
- You also need to get in contact with engineers if you need your own drawings and permits done, we can provide you with contacts to do so
- We also provide the service of dealing with the city and providing your with all the necessary drawings and permits
- Average cost of permits and drawings range between $2500-$3500
- The once unusable space turns into a welcoming 8-foot ceiling height finished basement adding height and value to your Scarborough home
Here is what to expect once an underpinning project is started.
- Basement cleared
- Basement demolished
- Transporter installed into window
To view the full process of underpinning click here
Call today and receive a FREE onsite assessment of your home to see if underpinning is right for your home.
Canada Waterproofers Team