How can we help you?
House prices in Toronto and the surrounding areas keep on rising, as the prices rise then useable space becomes a premium. Underpinning is a great way of making that unusable basement into something that can become part of you home.
Underpinning your home and finishing that unused space will add a huge amount of value, and with the house prices at a record high, it is much cheaper to underpin your home than it is to buy somewhere else.
Canada Waterproofers can underpin your home at an affordable price and safe manner, as we have all the skills and training needed to provide you with the safest underpinning in the GTA
Considering Underpinning your home?
If you are considering having your basement underpinned then it is very important to ask all the right questions, as underpinning can be dangerous if it is performed incorrectly.
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have all the correct insurances?
- Do you need drawings and permits?
- Do you need the city to inspect your work?
- Do you have references?
If your contractor answers YES to all of these questions then your are probably safe, but be sure to check all the credentials out before any work is started.
Main stages of underpinning
- Once you have chosen your contractor, which hopefully will be Canada Waterproofers, then you are ready to get your drawings done.
- Canada Waterproofers can provide you with a contact of a few engineers if you wish to get your own drawings and permits,
- If on the other hand you dont wish to get involved with all the hassle of dealing with the city, Canada Waterproofers can provide all of the needed drawings and permits.
- Typical cost of drawings and permits are between $2500-$3500 depending of the size of the project.
- Underpinning your home is a big expense and can be disruptive, but the benefits out way the disadvantages.
- That unusable space now becomes a welcoming 8-foot ceiling height finished basement, which adds square footage and value.
Here is what to expect once an underpinning project is started.
- Basement cleared
- Basement demolished
- Transporter installed into window
- Bin arrives for soils
- Concrete floor removed
- Walls are underpinned by sections
- Inspections of all individual sections
- Soil is removed and disposed
- Interior drains are replaced
- Interior waterproofing installed
- Sump pump installed
- Sewage ejector installed if needed
- Gravel installed
- Vapor barrier installed
- Concrete is poured with trowel finish
- Work areas cleaned
These are the basic steps that you would expect to happen as the process of underpinning your home is undertaken. Canada Waterproofers are the best underpinning company in Toronto, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, and the surrounding areas.
So if youre looking for integrity, honesty and reliability, then Canada Waterproofers and our highly skilled workers are here for you.
Call today and receive a free assessment of your home to see if underpinning is right for you
Thank you from the Canada Waterproofers Team