HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
The process of underpinning your basement – also called “basement lowering” – is a great way of adding value to your home. Perhaps you have a crawl space that you want to convert into more of a storage area. Or perhaps your basement space has been unusable, and you see an opportunity to lower the basement floor as part of an overall renovation of the space, to create a separate apartment, ideal for rental income purposes.
Home prices in the Greater Toronto Area continue to rise, as buyer demand in the region overcomes factors like tougher mortgage rules. As opposed to going through the hassle of packing up the family and moving into a new home, many people want to re-claim space in their own homes and add value to the asset that way.
Underpinning is a great way of making that unusable basement into something that becomes part of your family home.
Call Canada Waterproofers Markham for an assessment of your home, to see if underpinning is an option for you.
CHECKLIST FOR AN UNDERPINNING COMPANY
- Make sure the underpinning company has the proper licenses
- Make sure the underpinning company has all the correct insurances
- You will need drawings and permits – we can handle dealing with the city for you, if you wish
- The city will need to inspect the work
- Ask the underpinning company to provide references from past jobs
Canada Waterproofers Markham has over 25 years of experience in the industry. Underpinning is a major job and can’t be left in the hands of amateurs. You are adding wall space, by digging down – all within the existing footprint. Underpinning strengthens and reinforces the home’s foundation – vital if the home is older and decrepit, sitting on land that has undergone slippage, or perhaps you are looking to add another floor to the home. If it’s done the wrong way, that could lead to a catastrophic collapse of the house.
MAIN STAGES OF UNDERPINNING
- Basement cleared
- Basement demolished
- Transporter installed into window
- Bin arrives for soils
- Concrete floor removed
- Walls are underpinned by sections
- Inspections of all individual sections
- Soil is removed and disposed
- Interior drains are replaced
- Interior waterproofing installed
- Sump pump installed
- Sewage ejector installed if needed
- Gravel installed
- Vapor barrier installed
- Concrete is poured with trowel finish
- Work areas cleaned
Canada Waterproofers Markham is the best underpinning company in the GTA. If you’re looking for integrity, honesty and reliability, the highly skilled workers at Canada Waterproofers Markham are here for you.
Call today and receive a free assessment of your home to see if underpinning is right for you.