House prices in Mississauga areas keep on rising, making useable space in your home that much more valuable. Underpinning is a great way of making that unusable basement into something that can become a livable part of your family home.
Underpinning your home and finishing that unused space will add a huge amount of value to the property, outweighing the cost of the job. With home prices the way they are around the GTA, it is much cheaper to underpin your home than it is to buy somewhere else.
Canada Waterproofers Mississauga can underpin your home at an affordable price and more importantly we’ll do it safely. We have all the skills and training needed to provide you with the safest underpinning service in the GTA.
ARE YOU CONSIDERING UNDERPINNING YOUR HOME?
If you are considering having your basement underpinned, then it is very important to ask the right questions. Underpinning can be dangerous if it is performed incorrectly. Here is what you should be asking a technician:
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have all the correct insurances?
- Do you need drawings and permits?
- Do you need the city to inspect your work?
- Do you have references?
If your contractor answers “yes” to all of these questions then you are probably safe, but be sure to check all the credentials out before any work is started.
MAIN STAGES OF UNDERPINNING
- Once you have chosen your contractor (hopefully it will be Canada Waterproofers Mississauga!), then you are ready to get your drawings done
- Canada Waterproofers Mississauga can provide you with contact information for a few engineers if you wish to get your own drawings and permits
- If on the other hand you don’t wish to get involved with all the hassle of dealing with the city, Canada Waterproofers Mississauga can handle it all for you
- Typical cost of drawings and permits are between $2,500-$3,500 depending of the size of the project
- Underpinning your home is a big expense and can be disruptive, but the benefits outweigh the disadvantages
- That unusable space now becomes a welcoming, finished basement with eight feet of ceiling height, adding square footage and value to your home
What to expect once an underpinning project has begun:
- Basement cleared
- Basement demolished
- Transporter installed into window
- Bin arrives for soils
- Concrete floor removed
- Walls are underpinned by sections
- Inspections of all individual sections
- Soil is removed and disposed
- Interior drains are replaced
- Interior waterproofing installed
- Sump pump installed
- Sewage ejector installed if needed
- Gravel installed
- Vapor barrier installed
- Concrete is poured with trowel finish
- Work areas cleaned