Your house is your nest where you relax after facing the hard toil of the day. It’s the place where your family lives and your sweetheart waits for you, the place where you meet your loved ones and spend time with them and a security that you can be secluded from every place in the world but your house is your own den. What will happen if a minor mistake leads to its distortion? Yes, not getting your house waterproofed is a mistake and may result in paint coming off and destroying its beauty.
What is waterproofing?
Waterproofing is making your house leak proof at the time of construction to keep your house dry and avoid damage to paint and other harms caused by basement
leak and wet walls. It reduces the humidity in your house and keeps the house dry in all seasons. Water seepage or water clogging on the terrace is a prominent problem during monsoon and is taken care well by waterproofing. Water exposure is also reduced the original shaded of your house are preserved.
Advantages of water proofing
Water proofing is a means to protect your heaven and definitely is advantageous in many ways. Here are some of the advantages which you will find convincing and useful-
• Plethora of options: You have plethora of options while going for waterproofing and chose according to the damage your house is enduring.
• Increased property value: Waterproofing prevents the growth of mold and adds to the value of your house. Mold can affect the health of the inhabitants of the house in a negative manner.
Types of waterproofing
• Brick belt waterproofing: It helps sealing cracks and hides untidy marks, water leakages providing attractive coverage with china mosaic tiles. Here are the steps of brick belt waterproofing-
1- The whole surface is cleaned by removing the debris and other material responsible for creating obstruction during work.
2- The pool of water is removed and chemical and cement are applied on the surface to make the surface anti infecting.
3- In the last step, china mosaic tiles are fixed on the roof and the crevices in the ceiling are jammed.
• Poly Acrylic chemical coating waterproofing: This is a superior class of waterproofing method and has a minutely defined process. A poly acrylic solution is prepared and applied on the wall jamming the holes or breakage and leakage in the wall. This will provide a substantial base for the structure to sustain and will strengthen the foundation of your building. A team of highly qualified professionals is required for it and use of high quality products should be ensured by the customer.
• Pre monsoon roof repair: With the approaching rainy season, it becomes important to prepare your house and repair all the preexisting damages. Pre monsoon roof repairing can be tried once in a year to ensure that the approaching rains don’t leave your house devastated.
Save the beauty of your house and hire a Waterproofing contractor to prevent water leakage.