- Once you have chosen your contractor – which hopefully will be Canada Waterproofers! – then you are ready to get your drawings done
- Canada Waterproofers can provide you with contact information for a few engineers if you wish to get your own drawings and permits
- If on the other hand you don’t wish to get involved with all the hassle of dealing with the city, Canada Waterproofers can provide all of the needed drawings and permits.
- Typical cost of drawings and permits range between $2500-$3500 depending of the size of the project.
- Underpinning your home is a big expense and can be disruptive, but the benefits out way the disadvantages.
- That unusable space now becomes a welcoming, finished basement, with 8-foot ceiling height, which adds square footage and value.
Here is what to expect once an underpinning or basement lowering project is started.
- Basement cleared
- Basement demolished
- Transporter installed into window
- Bin arrives for soils
- Concrete floor removed
- Walls are underpinned by sections
- Inspections of all individual sections
- Soil is removed and disposed
- Interior drains are replaced
- Interior waterproofing installed
- Sump pump installed
- Sewage ejector installed if needed
- Gravel installed
- Vapor barrier installed
- Concrete is poured with trowel finish
- Work areas cleaned
These are the basic steps that you would expect to see as the process of underpinning your home is undertaken. Canada Waterproofers is the best underpinning company in Toronto, Scarborough, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, and the surrounding areas.
So if you’re looking for integrity, honesty and reliability, then Canada Waterproofers and our highly skilled workers are here for you.
Call today and receive a free assessment of your home to see if underpinning is right for you.
Thank-you from the Canada Waterproofers Team.