CONSIDERING UNDERPINNING YOUR HOME?
If you are considering having your basement underpinned, then it is very important to ask all the right questions. Underpinning can be dangerous if it is performed incorrectly. Here is what you should be asking a technician:
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have all the correct insurances?
- Do you need drawings and permits?
- Do you need the city to inspect your work?
- Do you have references?
If your contractor answers “yes” to all of these questions then you are probably safe, but be sure to check out all the credentials before any work is started.
MAIN STAGES OF THE PROJECT
- Once you have chosen your contractor (hopefully it will be Canada Waterproofers Brampton!), then you are ready to get your drawings done
- Canada Waterproofers Brampton can provide you with contact information for a few engineers if you wish to get your own drawings and permits
- If on the other hand you don’t wish to get involved with all the hassle of dealing with the city, Canada Waterproofers Brampton can handle the process for you
- Typical cost of drawings and permits are between $2,500-$3,500, depending on the size of the project
- Underpinning your home is a big expense and can be a disruptive process, but the benefits outweigh the disadvantages
- That unusable space now becomes a welcoming, finished basement with eight feet of ceiling height, adding square footage and value to your home